Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"What?!! Divorce?!!"

How can a divorce be evidence of something going too well? I’m not sure I am able to explain that. Maybe the passion is too hot. Is that possible? Perhaps we’re growing too fast. You would think a mature couple (I don't mean old!) could handle growth, especially with communication, right? Could it be that the spankings are too good? Nah. The actual spanking is her least favorite part of this entirely favorable life we’ve been living for the past 6 months. Divorce: A word long ago banned from usage in our relationship and here I am using it, acknowledging it; watching it happen in our lives – and even encouraging it! “Heaven’s to Mergatroid!” What the hell is happening over here?! (He sings paraphrasing Steely Dan):


Ah – No hesitation;
No tears and no heartbreaking,
No remorse.
Ah – Congratulations
This is your weblog divorce.

Yup, “weblog divorce”. BabyMan and SugarAnne are still BabyMan and SugarAnne, married for life – so get a hold of your self. No tears. No hearts breaking. No remorse. Just congratulations. AND, furthermore, “BabyMan and SugarAnne” weblog will remain “BabyMan and SugarAnne” weblog (for now - at Sug's request). But I (we? she?) now submit to you the opportunity to get to know my – conspicuously absent from this blog – better half; and a chance to see things through her eyes.

Now, I happen to think she's "some kind of wonderful". I wouldn’t say that the woman is so sweet that they named sugar after her. You wouldn’t believe me anyway (psst, it’s true). But look for yourself. In her blog, “The Sweetness of Sugar”, she’s writing about some of her experiences in “this thing we do”.

And this is not a bad thing.

Ah – No hesitation;
No tears and no heartbreaking,
No remorse.
Ah – Congratulations
This is your weblog divorce.

Sorry, "weblog spinoff" didn't rhyme.

4 comments:

  1. Good gravy Babyman, you scared me! I don't know if I'll digest my lunch properly now! Just to show you how mad I am at you, I went to your wife's blog first, thhhpppphhhhttt!
    (that was a raspberry) So there! I now I'm leaving and I'm going to add her to my blog roll. Really man, you should be careful with your wit, you're libel to give someone in the Blogoshere a blog attack, or something! Now, when you can be nicer, please tell me how to get Henry to start a blog, I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Lol) What?! Her first? Where's the loyalty these days? (lol). Ah, That's okay, I put her first too.

    At any rate, don't push. I'm sure Henry will get around to a blog if it's in the cards.

    Thanks Elysia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babyman,

    I left a comment but it has disappeared. So I will say it again....Don't you ever do that to us again!!!! DIVORCE!! I think I can see you right now sitting there with that smirk on your face quite proud of yourself for the ingeniousness of this post.

    It was just so wrong in so many ways!!! LOL!

    I am so glad SugarAnne has decided to join us the "careful what you wish for" may pertain to you this time as we learn about the "real" Babyman from the one who knows him best!!!

    Glad all really is well and I am loving SugarAnne's blog....as well as yours!!!!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Janet:

    Sorry about your phathom comment. I might've blown it out by mistake.

    I confess, that smirk was on my face for about 4 days as the post percolated in my mind.

    The new "ingredient" will surely make this blogging cake rise. It's a good thing that it's sweet and not sour. I'll do my best to keep her that way.

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, comments, witticisms, funny stuff