Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Wagging the Paddle"

She’s been “going to do” the laundry for the past 2 days. But I don’t see no clean clothes. Sure, she thinks she’s relaxing but as stuff begins to unravel little by little around the house, a nagging guilt will step in. Anxiety will follow and cloudy dullness will begin to tread upon her sunny disposition. Then, finally, runaway depression will attempt to stampede everything we’ve accomplished in the past six months. So, as free as Sugar is, I can’t let things begin to get out of hand. For her benefit, for my benefit, for our benefit, I’ve got to “Nip it in the bud” (Barney Fife 3:16). So, after I dressed for work, I typed out a list of tasks for her to accomplish today.

“I need for you to do something for us today” said I as I reached for the “weapon of ass destruction” which hangs by the bedroom door. Nude, she climbs out of the bed with a willing, “Oh, let me get my robe”. “Uh-uh – no”, I say shaking my head and wagging the paddle, “no robe.”


I went through each item on SugarAnne’s list, wagging the paddle on each one. "Why are you wagging that thing?" I walked her through the house, naked as a tree in winter, with the threat of a WHACK! hanging over her head . As she received clear and specific instructions on what needed to be done and how, she giggled with surprise. Not a disrespectful giggle, but a giggle that basically said, “uh-oh (gulp) the gig is up”. Through the bedroom, to the bathroom and over to the kitchen, I wagged the paddle as I, with loving firmness rendered my direction.

The list isn’t all work, there’s not that much that needs to be done. The parts where I’m involved will be quite enjoyable for her (and me). So it does offer some fun, some expectation, some hope.

SugarAnne's List
• Clear path
• Clear dresser
• Clean sink
• Do Laundry

• Ask about book
• Light Workout (cardio, stretching)
• “Girl up”
• Be spanked
• Make love
• Be fucked
• Eat dinner
• Computer time (visit forum, etc)
• Get sleep

I don’t want to be wagging the paddle everyday. Frankly, that’s just too much work. But my direction is just what she needs in order to be able to relax; just what I need in order to stay cool; and just what we need in order to grow.

As she turns and walks back to the bedroom, WHACK! The wagging paddle punctuates my instruction and accentuates my direction. It hits pay dirt on the nether cheek - right side. A smile is born where a giggle was aborted. It grows up into a warm hug with a sweet kiss that sends me off with an extra boost of energy for the day's toil.

Talk about being relaxed! Mmmm.

3 comments:

  1. Sugaranne is a lucky girl, and you never fail to put a smile in my heart!
    Elysia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elysia,
    It is I who is the lucky one! I'm glad I can bring a smile to you in the best place to have one: the heart.
    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your blog for a month or so. I especially like this post because I'm a girl who is trying to give discipline to herself for a lot of the reasons you listed. Relaxing isn't really relaxing when you have things to do. Guilt and depression follow. Weeks or possibly months of emotional turmoil. Sugaranne is very lucky. Not all of us have a partner willing to offer the kind of care and time that she does.

    Thanks for writing an intelligent blog and also for reading this comment that has gone on for way too long. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, comments, witticisms, funny stuff