Saturday, June 19, 2010

"The Flip Technique"

What’s so hard about completing all of the assigned tasks? As much as SugarAnne gets her basketball dribbled, I have to wonder why she’s not making all of her free throws. Bear with me for a sec while I run this through my mind: First, make a written list of all the tasks needed to be completed that day. Check. This is the equivalent of preparing a lesson plan. Next, go over the list with SugarAnne task by task, point by point. Check. This is sorta like classroom study. Then, hand the list over to SugarAnne. Check. This is tantamount to pointing to the exact page in the textbook from which the questions on the test will be drawn. Finally, leave home and do the “sweat of the brow” thing. Check. Professor leaves classroom during open book exam, right?

For some reason, while I’m out in the world converting “thorns and thistles” to bread, it always breaks down. Well, to be fair, that’s hyperbole. It doesn’t always break down. It doesn’t even break down most of the time. In fact, it just breaks down in some places and only some of the time. But twice this week seems like all the time.

Tasks should be one of the easiest things about “this thing we do”. But for some reason we (that would be SugarAnne) are not getting it. All of our tasks are not done all of the time. It’s not like it’s a pop quiz that’s sprung on you in a moment’s notice. It’s essentially an open book examination that shows up highlighted, in bold and redlined on the pre-course syllabus. Please tell me that every new spanko gets a pre-course syllabus. They do don't they?

Here’s the problem methinks: when it comes to eluding punishment, Her Royal Sweetness has a quite a knack for escaping the back attack. The woman is the neo Houdinian! Take that missing person thing from the other day. She weaseled her way out of a punishment. Used the “flip technique” on me. Young HoHs beware of this maneuver. That’s where she bends over backward to blame me for her misery, or to highlight my guilt to outshine her own. It's paradoxically unintentional and yet, intentional. I quote Her Royal Sweetness (same post), “I relish the idea of knowing damned well that I deserve a spanking, and getting away with it.” Relish.

Her first effort was a double-barrel approach – misery and guilt:
“I think they heard you yelling next door. You probably ruined my friendship with Dianne” (insert the my life is over and I’ll never ever ever ever have another friend again Ihatechu! pout). I discarded her “misery” like a bent penny. But since yelling is the response of a man who has no solution (with TTWD we have a solution), personal guilt began to rise up around me like the stench of a dead rat.

She added a splash of cunning rationale. “It’s not unusual for us not to talk during the day”, said she, “If my mother hadn’t called you, you would’ve never been worried.” This is both rational and cunning. Rational enough to deflect the fact that she is supposed to have her high-tech 3 ways to be contacted mobile device on her person when she’s out. And cunning enough to point a subtle finger to the fact that I was slow to listen, quick to speak and quick to become angry. The complete opposite of what she knows I feel I should’ve been. Sincere apology successfully elicited.

Finally, a subtle lance to the neck, “It’s not fair. Nothing happens to you when you make a mistake”, and the bull’s head is forced to hang low. That’s the “flip technique”. I may not handle the “flip technique” as adeptly as I’d like to. But that will eventually change. Besides, it’s not a bad thing to err on the side of caution.

But not completing tasks leaves no room for the “flip technique”. When SugarAnne didn’t complete her tasks the first time, I slow cooked her in guilt and anticipation for a couple of hours. The second time? I dropped those panties faster than a skydiver falling under a skirt hiked up like a collapsed parachute. Whatever the approach, I ended up searing that rear until the point was clear.

When it was over all she could say was, “Why was it so har-ard?” (insert scrunched faced spanko booty rub). “Because not getting it, means gettin’ it bad. That's why.”

And that’s why it doesn’t happen all the time.

12 comments:

  1. First of all, I think if you HOHs get to call the shots then we get to dodge and any technique that works is a good one! :)

    Secondly, there is a lot of testing that goes on in the first year or so of a Dd marriage. It is a real need to feel the boundaries, and sometimes, to be reassured that you are there for her, watching, consistent, keeping her safe. It can stem from her testing you, but you should realize it can also stem from her at times feeling insecure from other places, at a low ebb emotionally. Sometimes it is an unconscious request for reassurance, a need for a demonstration of her world being safe and you being consistent because she needs not the spanking, per se, but for you to consistently be who you are, do what you do,...to feel the walls only you can provide when hers feel shaky.

    But then, it might not be any of that for her...the joys of living with a woman! Ask HER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Sara said it beautifully. The first year or so is filled with lots of "testing". We all did it or do it. I think if you back off just once then she feels that she needs to test your will to see if you are still the dominant man she needs.

    Also she may just "want" a spanking and not be ready to ask for them so this is her subtle way of letting you know. Not sure about this one but it took me along time to get up the nerve to just ask.

    And again COMMUNICATE!!! I know you both do but maybe there's something she's not ready to open up to yet. Or maybe as Sara said it's just us women and our hormones/moods. GOOD LUCK on that one.

    Great post,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am quite familiar with flip technique as i use it quite often *wink* but not as good as SugarAnne.
    i personally find it easier to complete tasks when i have a reward or a punishment. What SugarAnne does that just what a lot of normal people do incl me (i am still struggling with it),,, it goes like this:
    -you try really to do the task on time or at least you think it.
    -you do it until one day you missed because of some reason and you get punished
    -you feel all bad and try to excuse yourself 'flip technique' and promise to do better
    -the next time you do it better until you get that urge to postpone and end up with 'incomplete homework', the effect of the punishment has worn off or it is something tolerable and you don't mind it so you don't do the tasks
    -if you have done it in the past it goes to say that it will happen in the future until something drastically different has happened
    -this is where you need a turning point......
    -u need to up the ante, both rewards and punishments
    -we need an unforgettable reminder, so that it is hammered into us (so that we complete the tasks esp the less likable ones)
    -until it becomes second nature to us, until it becomes a habit...
    in the end BabyMan, it's only a bad habit. It's not just SugarAnne trying to push her limits though in a twisted way it is....

    sorry SugarAnne,,,, *oops*

    hugs Alujna

    ps.*ouch* i just hate it when the server crashes i had to write this comment again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara:
    Your "first of all" is funny. I guess that makes sense. Probably the most sense in this situation. I feel pretty confident that this is a kink (pun intended) that will work itself out over time. Unless, of course, the joy of living with a woman gets in the way.

    Janet:
    We've been pretty good at communicating, sometimes too good (if that's possible). I figured that not completing tasks was some kind of subtle request. If so, it's working. I always come through for her on that request.

    Alujna:
    It sounds like you understand perfectly what's happening here. And yes, upping the ante is a viable approach and I have taken in this regard. Don't worry, it usually leaves SugarAnne twisted with discomfort.

    Thanks y'all for looking in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BabyMan -

    The Flip technique is our natural response to being cornered when we know we have messed up...(at least for me) Of COURSE I'm going to try to find some way to blame J! Why wouldn't I? It starts him thinking, and (if I'm lucky) gets him confused, lol. However, unfortunately for me, the flip stopped working for me a while back, because, like you, he caught onto it. Dammit! Lol. Then again, like the others have mentioned, she could be testing your limits because she needs to feel the boundaries..AND because she's curious to see if your paying attention and just how closely your watching her. We have to know just how much we can get away with ;)
    It's always hard for me to get every last thing J asks done, only because (I'm being honest here)I'm easily distracted or just plain feeling lazy and don't want to. (But I'm sure as Hell not gonna admit that to him) !

    BTW - I loved the "Ihatechu" pout reference, never heard it put like that, but your so right. Thx for the laugh.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn:
    It's understandable that being cornered brings that natural response. I don't hold it against her. I'm just glad that I'm catching on and learning a few things along the way. The boundaries are slowly falling into place.

    I appreciate your honest admission about being "easily distracted or just plain feeling lazy and don't want to". Time tends to get away from SugarAnne so she may have some of those "qualities" too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BabyMan,

    i spent the first year or so with Master testing every last boundry that it was possible to test, just to see how far i could push Him. Which wasn't very, and yet, i still tried!

    It seems to be an inbuilt need with us subbies. It upsets me though when He's upset, especially if i haven't completed a task on time, as He has a very clever way of 'flipping' back to me, normally with something like "If you don't have the time, or it's simply not important enough to you elle, to do the few things that I need from you, then all you have to do is tell me...." (in my best Domly American accent...). Gets me everytime as i then break down, apologise for everything that i've never done and willingly take whatever punishment He sees fit, just to get rid of the guilt that i caused in the first place.

    Testing boundries is a complicated business. And it makes you hungry.

    Good luck!

    elle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Elle...the "flipback technique"! If I ever attain Dom-guru status, I will be sure to write a primer on the vital approach. Thanks Elle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm I do not think I have a flip technique. Probably wouldn't even work if I did. Though, I do always block my spankings if that counts??? I can't help it. Wish I could.
    Great blog! Thanks for the welcome.
    -Curious

    My blog ID. You are welcomed to come by anytime.

    http://curiouslyintoit.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Curious:
    I think blocking might count. But right, not as effective. Welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every week I make a list of things that need to be done. It's on a sticky on my laptop. Do they get done? About...50%. I think it tends to be human nature, or perhaps human nature of a particular subset of humans. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. A'marie: Yes, perhaps a particular subset of humans. ;)

    I'm glad you stopped by. Thanks for peeking in.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, comments, witticisms, funny stuff