Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Hypothetical Destination

I wasn’t too surprised this morning when SugarAnne granted her “hypothetical” consent to a “hypothetical” domestic discipline style relationship (with a focus spanking). Even though a thick thread of submissiveness has been apparent over the 9 years we’ve been married, Sug’Anne is characterized by what I would call freedom of spirit. Not prone to “wildness” mind you – but to moving about life un-tethered by the “traditional” relational obligations of a telephone call during the day and a report about the day's happenings at night. So I have no idea how such a relationship will shape up over time. But the idea of folding her lovely shape over my knee time after time for "corrrection" is both intriguing, exhilarating and, well, exciting – for both of us.

The heavy – and heady – “hypothetical” responsibility does not escape me either. Of all the key considerations I’ve pondered (and I have pondered much), three very important elements of this "hypothetical" domestic disciplind relationship seem to rise to the top: 1) the need for clear and honest communication is critical; 2) the importance of being trusted is indispensible; and 3) continual growth of mutual respect for each other is invaluable. Those three noble, but fragile, ideals are constantly strived for in most relationships but, it seems, are never fully arrived at. Like playing golf, bowling and ballroom dancing – you rarely feel at the top of your game in these three. And you are always, always in need of improvement.

I wonder: Can I be the Dominant I desire to be? Can I be the "Top" that is screaming to break out? Can I be the Dominant that she would need me to be? Can I be the "Top" that she is silently screaming for? And, most importantly: Can I show sufficient appreciation for such a wonderful gift?

photo: "Submissive Wolf"; Carolyn Wright; cwrightphoto.com

2 comments:

  1. 1) the need for clear and honest communication is critical; 2) the importance of being trusted is indispensible; and continual growth of mutual respect for each other is invaluable.

    Everyone in a DD relationship needs to keep exactly this in mind at all times. Sometimes I forget the respect side, but I am continually striving to better myself for the benefit of my HOH.

    Excellent writing!
    Thanks
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, thanks. Communication, Respect and Trust: 3 legs of a stool that would collapse if just one is missing. Thanks for looking in.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, comments, witticisms, funny stuff