Saturday, September 1, 2007

"Girly Shit"

It’s my job to know the woman God has given to me. But I’m only allowed to know her at the rate she desires to be known. My desire to know her begs for satisfaction right here right now. But getting to know her is a lifetime endeavor.

One of the ways I'm trying to get to know my SugarAnne - and myself as well - is through clothes shopping for her. Most men hate to shop. I admit, I am like most men. But lately I've taken to window shopping - on the 'net - for blouses, skirts and dresses for my SugarAnne.

The other day
I managed to find a dress for my SugarAnne (see picture). I ordered it last week. I can't wait til it gets here. I can't wait to see her in it! It celebrates womanhood; it bleeds femininity, it's modest. Yet, it shouts (and I say this with great affection): this is "girly shit"!

I just love it when my SugarAnne puts on "girly shit" stuff. It kind of brings out a dance of romance in me. Listen, I'd draw her close. She'd follow my lead. I'd put my arms around her - her chest firmly pressed against my own. Next, I'd spin her out in a brisk bolero turn; her dress would fan in the manufactured breeze. The tilt of her head would offer a hint of styling to the move displaying her feminine charm. That turn (my presentation of her) would say, "Look world! Look how beautiful and lovely and feminine she is! LOOK HOW DOGGONE GORGEOUS SHE IS!" But with the swiftness of a matador's cape I'd punctuate my statement by drawing her close again - as if to say, "You can look world! But - oh noooo! - you can't touch. She is given to ME - by God and herself. Given to love, to protect, to guide, to cherish. And that's what I'm gonna do. "MINE! world. MINE!MINE!MINE!" That's what that "girly shit" does to me.

Maybe I'll only find her fashion likes and dislikes by shopping for
"girly shit".
But my hope is to get to know my SugarAnne even deeper. At any rate, let "girly shit" enhance the woman in her, bring out the man in me and open up a whole new world of life, love and deep satisfaction for both me and my SugarAnne.

Signed: the BabyMan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, comments, witticisms, funny stuff